CareerNext is a portal developed by the CEU Webteam as per CEU Career Services Office request. CareerNext is intended for students an alumni affiliated with Central European University, seeking employment, career related information and resources, and for organizations such as employers seeking candidates for employment.
Data Protection compliance is central to our work and we are taking all necessary steps to ensure that the our communication and the ways we engage with our partners (students, alumni, employers, collaborators) are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) For more details about how the CEU Career Services Office handles the data, please visit the https://careers.ceu.edu/dataprotection.
Your access to or use of the CareerBuilder Web Sites or Services indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions or you do not meet or comply with their provisions, you may not use the Career Next website or related services. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of May 2018.
- CEU Career Services Office – The CEU Career Services Office
- Student means a person who is currently enrolled as student in one of the departments or schools at Central European University
- Alumni means a person who graduated with an academic degree from Central European University.
- Employer means a person or entity that is accessing the CareerNext to post a job/internship/fellowship or for any reason related to the purpose of seeking candidates for employment.
- User means the person using the CareerNext platform including Student, Alumni, Employer.
- CareerNext or Careernext platform refers to the CEU website including the Job (Vacancies) Board, the Internships Board, the Resources Board and the Resume Book
- Job Board means a website, part of CareerNext platform, dedicated to listing various job/internship/fellowship opportunities published by employers or by CEU Career Services Office for the use of CEU students and alumni as job seekers.
- Resources Board means a website, part of CareerNext platform, dedicated to listing various career resources (job portals, organizations' recruitment pages, career explorers, professional networks, pages with practical career advice, etc.) collected and streamlined by CEU Career Services Office.
- Resume Book means a website, part of CareerNext platform, dedicated to collect resumes from CEU students and alumni seeking employment opportunities, available for employers interested in filling up the openings.
Users’ rights and obligations
Students and alumni as job seekers: CEU through the CEU Career Services Office hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the CareerNext only for your personal use seeking employment opportunities or career related information and resources for yourself. Upon registration, each user is granted a unique username and password for accessing the CareerNext platform. CEU Career Services Office reserves the right to suspend this right to access at any time, in its sole discretion.
This right authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the website solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your Resume you post to the CareerNext and any consequences arising from such posting. With posting your Resume to the Career Next, you acknowledge that the data contained therein may be accessed and copied by other persons using the CareerNext portal.
Employers: CEU through the CEU Career Services Office hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the CareerNext only for your internal organizational use seeking candidates for employment. CEU Career Services Office reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use at any time if you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
This right authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the website solely for your personal use, directly recruiting to searching for and selecting candidates. Upon registration, each user is granted a unique username and password for accessing the CareerNext platform. You may not sell or assign any of this rights to a third party without the prior written authorization from CEU Career Services Office. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any document you post to the CareerNext and any consequences arising from such posting.
To the extent allowed under law CEU Career Services Office disclaims all implied warranties and representations, and does not guarantee that the services provided by it will function without interruption or errors.
To the extent permitted by law CEU Career Services Office shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the services.
Collecting and using the information
CEU Career Services Office shall be authorized to process any personal and identification data of the Users in connection with providing the service and to the extent absolutely necessary for technical reasons and/or to provide the service. With the acceptance of the Terms and Conditions the Users indicate that they give their consent to processing of such data by CEU Career Services Office.
How we will use information we collect about you
If you register with us, we will record your personal or organization details. Your information will be used in the first place to provide the services or information you requested. We may record part of the information you provide, and we may use this information for several purposes:
- updating the CEU alumni record in the CEU Alumni database,
- updating the employer record in the CEU Career Services Office Employers database,
- using the e-mail address to invite you for various CEU events (participation is by no means related to the rights to use CareerNext),
- analysis, statistics about the usage of our services.
User Authentication. Due to the Internet authentication, CareerNext cannot guarantee that the users are who they claim to be. CareerNext cannot control the behavior or conduct of participant users, thus cannot be involved in user-to-user disputes.
CEU Career Services Office draws the attention of Users that pursuant to Subsection la) of Section 1 of Act CVIII of 2001 on Electronic Commerce and on Information Society Services it is an 'Intermediary service provider' which means CEU Career Services Office is a provider of information society services engaged in the transmission of information supplied by the recipient of the service through a telecommunications network, or who provides access to a telecommunications network (mere conduit and network access).
CEU Career Services Office shall not be liable for any information transmitted through an information society service that consists of the storage of information made available by others, or the provision of access to such information.
CEU Career Services Office shall not be required to monitor the contents of the information which are transmitted or stored or provided access to by CEU Careers, nor shall it be required to actively seek facts or circumstances indicating illegal activity.
CEU Career Services Office is not responsible for the content of the data and information posted to Careernext platform or if the data uploaded are real or not. The only responsibility therefore lies with the Users.
CEU Career Services Office is NOT acting as an employment agency.
Users may not post to CareerNext any document containing:
- links to websites other than organization website or recruitment related website;
- materials protected by copyright or that violate the privacy or publicly rights of others, or materials violating patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights of other persons;
- discriminatory obscene, sexually explicit threatening, harassing, abusive or embarrassing to another person or entity or document containing unlawful, libelous, abusive, or otherwise objectionable information;
- misleading information, promotion of products or services, solicitation of business like pyramid scheme or club membership;
- confidential information from other persons without their express consent;
- software viruses or any other harmful code or spam.
CEU Career Services Office reserves the right to refuse to register a vacancy or to un-publish a vacancy, should the announcement be considered:
- illegal or inappropriate;
- not relevant for the CEU community of job seekers (mainly Social Sciences &Humanities, at bachelor, Master's and doctoral level);
- advertising pyramid, network marketing, product advertising;
- creating fraud or other similar practice;
- promoting escort services or prostitution or gambling.
The Job/internship/fellowship advertisements must contain clear details about the nature and requirements of the position, qualifications and skills expected from the candidates and contact data or instructions for sending the application.
Resume Book (service discontinued)
Resumes must contain the accurate information of a student or alum seeking employment on his/her behalf.
Employers agree to use the Resume Book for the sole purpose of searching for and selecting candidates for own openings only. Employers must not use the information to sell or promote own products.
Data of the service provider:
Name: Central European University, Career Services Office
Quellenstrasse 51 | A-1100 Wien | Austria
Contact details (phone no., e-mail address):
Tel: +43 (1) 25230 2034, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: February 2023