By combining the advantages of a knowledgeable think-tank and a resourceful operational non-governmental actor, the Institute’s expertise extends in the following thematic areas:
- EU enlargement process with a specific focus on Western Balkans’ accession
- Human capital development, management and result oriented performance
- Sustainable integrated development with particular focus on EU development policies
- Good governance, decentralization reforms and inclusive policy processes
- Consolidation and development of civil society sector as a powerful actor to generate broad consent, values and positive change
- Security sector reform and specialized studies on security issues.
To talented and commited graduate and undergraduate candidates in the field of social sciences, IDM offers the opportunity to become part of the IDM team in two to three month internships, where they would assist and support the staff in project implementation, research studies and other related tasks.